A number of years ago, I wrote a Java application which was designed to convert CSV to XML format. The trick being to create an efficient, effective XML document based on the headers of the CSV data.
It didn’t turn out well, but I ended up with something that worked and got me started into the whole programming thing. It’s been sitting up on SourceForge since then, and I’ve noticed that the links to it are still active, however it links to a page on my site that no longer exists.
So I created this one.
If you’re exploring the program, enjoy playing with it. It’s not perfect by any means, but it may accomplish what you want.